Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Irresponsible Drivers

Have you ever seen an irresponsible driver or maybe you yourself are one of them. Just the other day as I was crossing an intersection on a green light a car pulls up into the left lane hardly slowing down and turns left on a RED ARROW signal. This is a very busy intersection and although it was only 6:30 in morning there were plenty of cars on the road.

So why does this bother me? For one running a red light is not only illegal, but you're putting others in danger. I just read an article about 3 grad students that were killed at an intersection when a man ran a red light and instantly killed them. All 3 of those students were only-child's in their family and to make matters worse they came here from China in hopes of better education. You can read the whole story here.

Just a couple of days later I get a call from my girlfriend saying she had been in a car accident. She was pretty shook up so I tried to calm her down and hopefully she was not hurt and it was nothing major. What made me upset was the fact that the other driver decided to run for it after they hit her. I know hit and runs happen all the time, but it makes me wonder what goes on in the heads of these people? Please, if you're one of these irresponsible drivers please think about what the person has to go through because of the poor choices you decide to make when driving.

No comments: