Friday, October 17, 2008

Sign*A*Rama Overpriced


Ok I've been wanting to do this one for a while now and since I got my awning taken care of I will do a quick review for this sign making franchise.

Thanks to Hurricane Ike our store's awning got all ripped up. I called 3 different places to get quotes for getting the awnings replaced and Sign*A*Rama(SAR) was one of them. SAR was the first one to come out and take a look for $150 which they said would add it to the total so I could get it back from my insurance company. The other 2 companies came out and one of them gave me a quote right on the spot for $3000. The last one gave me a quote of $1500. So now I'm thinking OK since SAR is pretty well known I'll just go with them thinking their price will be somewhere in the range of $1500 - $3500. They call me back after A WHOLE WEEK and not before I contacted after 3 days of not hearing anything from them. Initially the lady (who was the owner) said she'll get back with me in 2 days. Anyways I'm glad she finally calls me back, but boy was I in for a surprise...$7000+ for the awning!!! Her reason for the huge difference in pricing? "It could be that they use different materials than we do." I wonder if their materials were made of gold. Needless to say SAR is ridiculously overpriced and charges for estimates when their competitors don't.

No comments: