Friday, October 31, 2008

Will Halloween Continue?


A lot of talk about the safety of trick or treating has been brought up recently. I remember growing up my friends and I would go trick or treating and knock on the doors of complete strangers houses expecting to get candy and were usually greeted with a smiling man or a woman with a handful of candy. The safety of trick or treating was never brought up during that time except for to watch out for cars. The other day I was watching the news and the local police were going around looking for sex offenders to make sure they were at the place that they're supposed to. It turns out that several of those offenders were unaccounted for. With Halloween being just days away from when this News was on I wonder if parents feel safe about letting their kids go trick or treating tomorrow. We all also know the dangers of eating those sweets as well and not because they rot your teeth, but because of those who think it's "fun" to put stuff into candy that'll hurt or sicken kids that eat them.

With all this and I'm sure it's only going to get worse I wonder if trick or treating will eventually die out and Halloween will have a different meaning?

Picture by Josh Lee www.daily-encounters.com

No comments: